End of Sanity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Age of Conan

Go down 
+5
Vallinen
[EoS]Zetox
wombo
Shin
Asrahn
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dazzie
Royal Fucktard.
Royal Fucktard.
Dazzie

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-11-09

Age of Conan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:28 pm

wtf. I lol'd xD
Back to top Go down
https://endofsanity.forumotion.com
Vallinen
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Vallinen

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 3:50 am

Back to top Go down
Dazzie
Royal Fucktard.
Royal Fucktard.
Dazzie

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:37 pm

Age of Conan - Page 2 ArnoldHorseKO
Olololololol
Back to top Go down
Chalgaz
Insane
Chalgaz

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:42 pm

Dazzie wrote:
Age of Conan - Page 2 ArnoldHorseKO
Olololololol

...Lmao
Back to top Go down
Asrahn
Insane
Asrahn

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:46 am

That's how it's done. If the enemy is mounted, sucker-punch the horse in the face before crushing the opponent's skull while wielding his own horse as a weapon.
Back to top Go down
Vomyr
Sanity? Can you eat it?

Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 3:33 pm

Oh, fuck me between my manboobs.

Did the system test. And I failed the recommended tab.

You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz NOT ENOUGH

You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (GeForce 8800 GTS) NOT ENOUGH

I'm sorry, but that just sucks :p "Go buy a 512mb videocard!" Tittyfucking cockfaces. I'm not a fucking millionaire.
And why the fuck dont these fucking forums just imply the original fucking color in the colorboard? Perhaps people want to switch back to their original fucking color, instead of making their fucking post look like a fucking deformed clown who just came out of a chemical waste disaster.

I'm not really that angry, but it just looked more funny. I still think it's a bit sad. The requirements thing. My pc is as good as new... *huggles with pc*

Back to top Go down
Asrahn
Insane
Asrahn

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:14 pm

Vomyr, the system requirements on that page are exaggerated. I read an interview where they played AoC one a decent laptop and it worked smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Shin
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Shin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:51 pm

for some reason if you have a 256mb graphics card you auto fail that spec, tbh with ur graphics card and processor you will be fine, if you can play wow smoothly u will most likly b able to manage conan.

<3
Back to top Go down
[EoS]Zetox
Insane
[EoS]Zetox

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 3:14 pm

*peers at all the "fuck" in Vomyr's post*

...Sweetie, you're not drunk, are you? <.<
Back to top Go down
Shin
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Shin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 6:09 pm

He isnt drunk he has just been reading the irish dictionary recently =p
Back to top Go down
Shin
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Shin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:06 pm

War Mammoth!!!! if u pre order from these guys that is Razz

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=647263
Back to top Go down
Vomyr
Sanity? Can you eat it?

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:16 pm

Awesome... if someone found the perfect site to pre order, can he or she let me/us know? So EoS can profit :p I'll look around too!
Back to top Go down
Shin
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Shin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:40 pm

cheapest for just the normal game seems to be from Game, and with the collectors edition with one of em u can get the killer rhino mount i believe but im yet to find that retailer
Back to top Go down
Janeva
The Fluff!
Janeva

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:52 pm

Sure thing Vomyr ^^

By the way. They have FINALLY revealed that there WILL be an open Beta. It was alot of talk around it that there wouldn't be one. That the technical beta and the once after that (whatever their names was) would be the only ones. But....

Belhold!

The proof that there will be an open Beta.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=51002
Back to top Go down
Janeva
The Fluff!
Janeva

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:01 pm

"We still plan as far as I am aware to have PvE, Role-Play PvP, and
PvP servers at launch but not list of server names or number of servers
per region information is available.
"

YES! RP-PVP servers *cheers*
Back to top Go down
Shin
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Shin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 8:50 pm

Hell yea =D thankies for this info jan!
Back to top Go down
Dazzie
Royal Fucktard.
Royal Fucktard.
Dazzie

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:10 am

Vomyr wrote:

You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz NOT ENOUGH

I'm sorry, but that just sucks :p "Go buy a 512mb videocard!" Tittyfucking cockfaces. I'm not a fucking millionaire.
And why the fuck dont these fucking forums just imply the original fucking color in the colorboard? Perhaps people want to switch back to their original fucking color, instead of making their fucking post look like a fucking deformed clown who just came out of a chemical waste disaster.

I'm not really that angry, but it just looked more funny. I still think it's a bit sad. The requirements thing. My pc is as good as new... *huggles with pc*

Pro tip: Write what you want first, then change colors. Makes things much easier Razz
Back to top Go down
Vomyr
Sanity? Can you eat it?

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:11 pm

Dazzie wrote:
Vomyr wrote:

Pro tip: Write what you want first, then change colors. Makes things much easier Razz

Copied it from the site, where it was blue Wink
Back to top Go down
Asrahn
Insane
Asrahn

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:26 pm

Too much awesomeness :>
Back to top Go down
Janeva
The Fluff!
Janeva

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Check out www.ageofconan.com They have changed the looks of it and putted up a few more videos.

Ako! check out the "LIVE" video on the left side. (and everyone els aswell ofcourse ^^) It contains some of the character creation thingy in the beginning. :> Not much.. but it still is something :>

Look at all thouse videos. They are awsome. Just do it.
Back to top Go down
Dazzie
Royal Fucktard.
Royal Fucktard.
Dazzie

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 5:10 pm

*Made and moved too a new forum part for this stuff*
Back to top Go down
Janeva
The Fluff!
Janeva

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:51 pm

So.... Here it goes.. *takes a deep breath*

*walls of text crits you for OVER 9 THOUSAND!*

A list of all reviews

Server types:

*Server types (PVE, PVP, RPPVP). There will be rules of etiquette and a restricted naming policy on RPPVP server
*RP (Role-Player) Servers will have addition restrictions applied, including 'Good Behavior', Character restrictions and guild restrictions.

PVP

*Anyone who is not in your group is attackable (they think about adding
guildmembers to the non attack list no matter if they are in another
group or solo)
*There´s a pvp variation of all equipment stats
*There will be a PvP Ranking system. You gain points for enemies killed, you lose points for being killed by the enemy.
*The highest ranked pvpers will be awarded with ingame items at certains time intervals (monthly periods) based on PvP Ranking.
*TF battles involve battling it out with the other team in an 8 player, 4-vs.-4 format where you have 10 minutes to win the match completely, of which involves capturing the other team's flag three
times before they capture yours the same number. (curse article) (Like WSG matches then but with 4 people. Cheers)
*There is also a Team Deathmatch type of instanced PvP, both with Ranked or Skirmish options. In Ranked matches, dying means you lose "PvP experience"
*PVP and Basic server statistics will be dispalyed in an online portal, SIMILAR TO THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT ARMORY. This most likely NOT be available at launch.
*JOINING PVP - You can join into a game anywhere in the world of Conan. You don't have to run across a continent to find the lobby area. Find a safe place for your character, open up the multiplayer interface and join a game. (randoms, friends, or guild mates). Once you choose to join, you'll just need to wait for the right number of players and you'll be transported to the arena.
*There are unlimited respawns in PVP.
*Any player can use any potions they have in their inventory.
*You will be fighting against more than 1 enemy group in PVP areas. There will also be more than 1 group on your ally.

Death in Conan

*When you die in PvE, you'll be teleported back to your spawn point. You run back to your corpse to reduce your death penalty by finding your tombstone. You will have reduced skills during this time. Death penalties will stack, so if you die before the timer is up/finding your tombstone, you receive another reduction on top of the original.

Crafting

* every character can learn one crafting profession
* current minimum level is 40, but they think about lowering it to 20
* crafting profs are: weaponsmith, armorsmith, alchemist, gemcutter, architekt.And apperently a new realeased one named GATHERER.
* leveling crafting will be fast (approx. some hours)
*Almost all items are available in 2 versions, one made with simple resources and once with rare resources. Only crafted items have sockets.
* sockets come in different sizes, 4 per item are usable
* gems cant be removed, once equipped
* most of the crafted items or even all wont have stats like strength or inteligence. they´ll have ground values.
* crafting works everywhere
*Crafting levels will be obtained by quests. (not the WoW way of making 1k of everything befor you get a new level)
*Recipes are permanent. (not consumed by the application)
*Items of higher quality can only be built by guild players with a guild city and the corresponding Crafting areas.
*You can craft anywhere in the world.
*Crafting is automatic. There is no chance at failing a craft, or losing materials from a bad craft.

Harvesting

* There are 4 types of resources
* Every resource has 6-8 levels (bronze, iron)
* There are chance of getting a rare resource (within level) during harvesting
* Resources are shown on the minimap
* Can be found in the city zones and rarely in the world
* There is no plan to specialze in a specific resource
* There are special resources, dropped by specific mobs
* harvesting nodes are specially designed with particle effects to make it easier to notice them (curse.com)
*High amounts of resources will be found in Urban areas, there will be very few elsewhere.

Combat

*You hit all enemies in a cone in front of you in Age of Conan with every attack. Not just a single target.
*For the first 19 levels, all classes get damaging combo melee attacks.
*Each class has a talent tree call Feats. In the current state of beta, each class has one archetype (tank, rogue, priest, mage) Feat tree and two class specific Feat trees. Each Feat tree has 20+ abilities. Some enhance current abilities passively, others grant new abilities. ( I have read somewhere, that the talent trees for one character are equal to 3-6 wow Talent trees, just so people will be able to specialize their characters to their hearts contempt Wink )
*Combo abilities are dependent on what weapon you are wielding. You
can execute one combo, then in mid-battle, swap out weapons and execute
a different combo. (And depending what combo lands the killing blow,
you have a chance to proc a Fatality 'superbuff')
*There will be PvE AND PvP equipment.
*Healing will be dependent on movement. Healer-types won't be able to heal from a large distance; instead, heals are directed cones that result in a 'heal over time' effect.

Mounts

*You gain access to mounts at level 40. You can engage in combat from
you mount. As you escalate in levels, additional options will become
available (siege)
*There will be a big choice of horses (5 to 10 each in a wide color specification)
*All mounts differ in hitpoints, turn radius, stamina, speed. Thats why there are so many of them to choose from.
*All mounts have the attack option, causing various damage.
*Many spells can be fired from the back of a horse. And so is fireing bows.
*Its possible to get kicked of the horse during a fight
*It is possible to dissmount during fighs aswell.
*The warmammoth and the rhino are nearly the same in stats, the rhino is more agile though and the warmammoth has more HP
*Mammoth and rhino are exclusiv preorder items atm
*Mounts are items in inventory, so you can have as many as you can hold.
*Currently mounts cannot be customized at release, but they will come
up with something later. its unclear what a mount does, when you
dismoount atm.'

Pets

*There are two key pet classes. You have pet points, and you get up to 8 as you move to level 80. Players can divide these pet points as they please, (for example: you can have 8 small pets, or you can have one 4 point healer pet). You control your pets the way you do a squad in a team-based FPS. Your pet is NOT going to be a tank & they won't aggro all the time. They can help heal you, but the main aggro target will actually be you.
*They have only released that mages is the only one able to summon/have pets this far (bastards)
*They have't said anything about ingame pets *sobs* I really hope they do.

Battlekeeps and Cities

*There are 2 instanced zones for every guild:
Cimmeria: Lache flats
Aquilonia: poitain
Stygia: Redlotus Marches
*A guild needs 30 people to build a city. Some of them have to reach levl 60.
*You can only choose the country when founding a guildcity (Cim, Aqu, Sty), the instance and the city plot is automatic
*All buildings need a combination of wood, stone, metal, gold
*Inside the building site, there are dozens of cornerstones in
different sizes. an architect, with guild permission, will be able to
build different buildings on those spots. after the "payment", the
building process has been started
*The first building is always the keep
*Nearly all building can be upgraded one or two ranks
*Upgrades raise the level of the city. You can maximum have a city level of 3...(if i remember correctly )
*A guild must have a guild town level 3 to claim a battlekeep slot.
*Walls are buildings too and there are specific building sites for
them. there are inner and outer walls. towers and stairs can be placed
nearly everywhere.
*You will be able to teleport to your guildcity´s keep everytime.
*Depending on whether you want a peaceful or PvP city, you stake
your claim on land, and in the peaceful areas, no one can actually
siege you, but in the Border Kingdoms, you can lay siege to other's
lands and take the land from their guild. The system is somewhat
similar to a strategy game, where you have a grid of land, 'X' amount
of space for the group (for example: Nine buildings), and you need to
choose which buildings should my guild build, what can I afford, how
should I build it.
*Different buildings will provide boosts to your team. Buildings
will be upgradeable. Buildings and upgrades will require resources,
which will be based off four base resources. (This is where crafting comes into play)
*PvP tiers will allow players who play less frequently, stay
relatively close in terms of skill and advancement. One of these is
almost like a master/apprentice system, where you have someone of a
lower level follow you through the game.
*You can hire Mercenaries in Siege. Hiring Mercenaries will require in-game credits. There are five mercenary levels.
*There are 9 Battlekeeps per server. If the release player count is
lower than expected, the number of servers will be reduced manually.
*Apart from Keeps, you can build and defeat Towers. These are subject to
the same rules at the attack, but are rather intended for smaller
guilds. A limit on the amount of towers, which can occupy a guild, is
not currently planned.

*The longer a guild holds a Keep, the stronger the outgoing Keep bonus for all guild members.
*A Battle Keep in various forms can be strengthened, but not as
detailed as a guild city. The Battlekeep is more of a kind of outpost
on the front for the Guild, and not a second city.
*A siege battle lasts a maximum of 90 minutes.
*To Keep attacking, the attacking Guild can erect a tent to build
there attack from (as long as its within the defending guilds keep time
frame. Members of the defending guild receive an in-game notification
when this happens.
*The "partial victory" is reached when the Keep (that is the real
building called Keep inside the Battlekeeps) has been destroyed. The
defending guild loses all bonuses, but remains in the possession of
Battlekeeps itself.
*The "total victory" is the burning of all buildings in the city
within the Battlekeep. The winning guild can, if they still do not have
their own Battle Keep, release the Battlekeep slot immediately.
*Siege weapons will be on site during the fight. Like building they
cost a combination of wood, stone, metal and gold and predetermined
slots to be installed (approx. 8 slots).
*There are slots for siege weapons for both attacker and defender.
*The Wall (individual parts) can be destroyed relatively fast (a few
minutes), so that the defending guild must react very quickly. If the
guild tries to hide behind its walls, it will lose the Keep fast.

Spellweaving

*Spellweaving is STILL in the game BUT has been changed to work
similar to the melee combo system. By executing a specific sequence of
spells, it is possible a Spellweave trigger.
*Attempting Spellweaving may have adverse effects of the caster OR his group.
*Over-eager Spellweavers will NOT go to Hell (If you die via spell-weaving in a raid, you want to be back as soon as possible). It was a rumor about you going to hell (litteraly) if you overused the spell weaving thingy.

Stealth

*Every class is able to stealth
*The stealth system is based on various factors, which together determine whether a player is discovered.
Stealth skill: Improves your stealth ability
Perception Skill: Increases your discovery of stealth
Noise: Higher noise leads to higher chance of being discover. Noise is caused by equipment, ground type and the speed of movement
Angle: A cone field of view from the front of the player has a greater chance of discovering stealth, than say from the back.
Light Level: Shade and darkness decrease the player from being
discovered. Night creeping is much easier than day. THERE WILL BE A
SHADOW STEALTH INDICATOR ON THE INTERFACE.

Grouping

*Groups get a slight XP bonus for the killing of opponents.
*There are 3 Group Loot Options : Round Robin, Free for All & Master Looter
*Quest Items drop for each group member.
*Almost all smaller caves and Mini-dungeons (such as The Maze or Acheronian Ruins) support Solo play AND mini-groups.

Characters

*There are more than 40 sliders in character creation (eyes, face, arms, etc. ), in addition to a lots of hairstyles, beard styles, piercings, and tattoos. There will be a 'Randomise' button.
*There are 500 different sets of armour. Each set being composed of 6 elements.
*Players will be able to skip through introductory content, provided that meet some requirements, such are having completed it beforehand.

Raiding

*A raid has a maximum of 4 groups, each with 6 players (24 players total).
*Loot be mostly objects, and no vouchers
*Each group within the raid can have a recruited Master Looter, set by the Raid Leader.
*Raids represent a large part of the PvE end game.
*At launch Conan will have approx. 20 raid encounters.
*The Raid Encounters will be shared between 8 Dungeons of different sizes
*For experienced groups, the majority of Dungeons will last 1 to 3 hours.
*The 8 Dungeons are devided into 3 levels, with level 75 being the MINIMUM before you attempt the easier of the 3 levels.
*Opening the next level of a Dungeon requires collecting items from the previous level.
*Raid Instances have a cool-down of 7 days. This cool-down is player related.
*Nearly all smaller caves or minidungeons (like the maze or acheronian ruins) have a hero mode (a challenging groupgame), because those dungeons are normally made for solo or minigroups.

Well, thats some info for you :>

Last edited by on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dazzie
Royal Fucktard.
Royal Fucktard.
Dazzie

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:26 pm

Aaaargh!!

*dies messely*
Back to top Go down
Shin
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Shin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:57 pm

stealth idea is cool and i like th eway they work it out, i guess the rogue sort of class will get there stealth related stats buffed a lot as they level.(well i hope so, sneak sneak stab stab is needed in everygame!)
Back to top Go down
Asrahn
Insane
Asrahn

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:33 pm

Confirmed, Shin. The rogues will most likely be buffed in the art of stealth. Otherwise it´d render their class into something less than a sneak-sneak stab-stab one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Age of Conan
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
End of Sanity :: In Game. :: Age of Conan-
Jump to: