End of Sanity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Age of Conan

Go down 
+5
Vallinen
[EoS]Zetox
wombo
Shin
Asrahn
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Asrahn
Insane
Asrahn

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-11-09

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:15 am

Yeah that´s right Billy, I´m back and I want yooouu!

Hrm

Ash is back with internetz! Also, with info regarding the hottest upcoming thing on the market. Age of Conan.

Following info is either made of awesome or win, and contains what I´ve read about it so far. (What I can remember, that is)

__

Age of Conan is an Action MMORPG (Read, MMO with lots of blood and ass-kickery) which features a lot of new things when it comes to MMO´s, and I must say that it has a certain unique feel to it compared to WoW (Which Blizz generally fucked over Lore wise).

I´ll just pull a few things from my head to give you guys something to grab at.

Amongst all ass kickery and chewing of gum, Age of Conan will feature:

- Revolutionary PvP combat (Less gear based, you can actually kick a higher leveled character's ass if you know what you´re doing)

- Customizable character looks, enabling you to make them completely unique with hairlenght, colour, in what direction your nose will point, fucking etc.

- About 25 different class types (4 base classes with several different specializations, each one with unique talent trees and skills)

- Capability of building a guild keep and founding your own guild city IN THE ACTUAL WORLD. (Complete with your own guards, tabards etc. You can customize this rediculously much, placing a blacksmith and an inn or whatever, wherever you want inside your city.) ((PS: No instance building, anyone can run by and say "Hallo dar!", provided you allow them to do so and not order your guards to punt them over a fence))

- Siege battles, combat formations, MOUNTED COMBAT.

- 4 Prestige Classes, each with unique abilities and skills and bonuses. All are needed, as they contribute greatly to the guild in whole.

- 5 Crafting Schools, including Weaponsmithing, Armorsmithing, Gemcutting, Alchemy and Architecture.

And much friggin more.

___

Personally, I´m aiming towards making a Cimmerian (Country) Liberator (Class Spec) with the prestige class "Lord".

Anyway, don´t let me steal your attention away.

__

For great info (And justice) read up on the game on these two websites:

http://www.worldofconan.com/ - Here you can read up on the classes, prestige classes and general skills.

http://www.ageofconan.com/ - Official Website.

//
Ash
Back to top Go down
Shin
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Shin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:36 am

i just got a bit over excited when i saw the words age of conan.....i think i need to change my pants....Embarassed
Back to top Go down
wombo
Sanity? Can you eat it?
wombo

Number of posts : 45

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:51 am

I've seen and read quite alot about it, and the features are just awesome. No negative stuff about that. But the only thing whats bothering me now, what I've seen in the videos...it looks so damn, un-smooth. Like your character has lag instead of you internet.

Maybe its just the videos, maybe not. I do what I do with every upcoming 'awesome' game. I'll believe the awesomeness when I see/play it myself.

edit: Forgot to say something, there's 1 thing I'm dying to want to play in this game though :>
Mage archtype: Herald of Xotli - In battle, the Herald transforms into a demon.

...thats fcking awesome.
Back to top Go down
[EoS]Zetox
Insane
[EoS]Zetox

Number of posts : 49

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:01 pm

Sounds like a lovely game indeed. ^^ If I'm as tired of WoW as I am now by the time that AoC comes out, I'll easily buy it. To be honest, even if I'm still playing WoW by then, I'll probably buy it anyway, to check which one is the better.

*Shivers joyfully at the thought of an EoS barrack*
Back to top Go down
Asrahn
Insane
Asrahn

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 3:55 pm

Yesh. It appears to be made of Win indeed.
Back to top Go down
Vallinen
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Vallinen

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: GAAAAH!!!   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:20 am

I am so going to get that friggin game!... Asrawr, bro.. I'll figt by yer side as a CCC! (Cimmerian Conqueror Commander)

All of EoS should get that... Think, End of Sanity's own fucked up town xD!!! <3
Back to top Go down
[EoS]Zetox
Insane
[EoS]Zetox

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:48 pm

Hell yeah. :> Any updates, Ashy?
Back to top Go down
Vallinen
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Vallinen

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 6:34 pm

I nominate Asr as our official AoC Updater with this icon cat (it is supposed to be a cat but it look like a guy with lots of hair under his arms lewl)
Back to top Go down
Asrahn
Insane
Asrahn

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:31 pm

Ruwr. Awesome that people reacts nicely to this.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setview/features/loadFeature/1631/gameID/191

Hands-on report regarding the game from a writer on MMORPG.com

Read it if you feel like it Smile
Back to top Go down
Chalgaz
Insane
Chalgaz

Number of posts : 11

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 5:09 am

Seems beyond awesome indeed.

Master Defiler. Sounds like something for me. xD
Back to top Go down
Janeva
The Fluff!
Janeva

Number of posts : 20

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:29 pm

Here is a video that i think most people will find intressting. Its about some of the basic things about Age of Conan. As facts about each races, charakter creation and alot of other things.

Take a look. ^^

http://www.stage6.com/user/AcolyteAvery/video/1953748/The
Back to top Go down
Shin
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Shin

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Cool video i like the level of detail you can put into your character when creating it, for once in a game your not likly to run past about 30 people in the space of a few minutues with the exact same facial features as your character.
Back to top Go down
Janeva
The Fluff!
Janeva

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:14 pm

Shin wrote:
Cool video i like the level of detail you can put into your character when creating it, for once in a game your not likly to run past about 30 people in the space of a few minutues with the exact same facial features as your character.

Aye ^^ Totaly agree there shino.

by the way!

Can YOUR computer handle Age of Conan?

Check it out here!

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Mine just about made it :>
Back to top Go down
Dazzie
Royal Fucktard.
Royal Fucktard.
Dazzie

Number of posts : 86

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:04 pm

Oh my... sweet mother of god..
Well, atleast my Operating system and soundcard passed, guess that's something to be happy for Razz
Back to top Go down
https://endofsanity.forumotion.com
Janeva
The Fluff!
Janeva

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:07 pm

There have been some major changes with the classes

• Guardian and Halberdier have been merged, class name is Guardian.
  • Barbarian, Reaver and Master Thief merged, class name is Barbarian.
  • Conquer and Liberator merged, class name is Conqueror
  • Zealot and Dark Templar merged, class name is Dark Templar.
  • Defiler and Lotus Master merged, class name is now Assassin.
  • Ranger and Waylayer merged, class name is Ranger. (-.-') (i who was so happy of going to be a ranger instead of a sissy Waylayer)
  • Stormcaller and Druid merged, class name is Druid of the Storm.
  • Scourge of Derketo’s abilities have been merged across the Priest archetypes

Here are the races and what classes they can be

Age of Conan %7BFF2894E4-D503-4BA4-B385-315CAEBE4344%7D
Back to top Go down
Shin
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Shin

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:46 pm

woo my pc can play it, and i still hav no idea wat class i will b, but my first choice was one of the mage classes but since they are only on one race and that race has minimal other classes i tihnk i mite go for something like an assassin or warrior sort of thing
Back to top Go down
Vomyr
Sanity? Can you eat it?

Registration date : 2007-11-22

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:05 am

If you want to be a mage, why would it matter that the race lacks warriors?

Then rolling another race would be less nice aswell, since they lack mages..

Or did I just get you wrong? <.<
Back to top Go down
Vomyr
Sanity? Can you eat it?

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:10 am

And as for my point of view, I'll probably stick to Vomyr. Paladin, neutral (Aquolian or something) and often drunk. That's the way I like them.

Then again, I rather not plan anything. Most genious things are made up at the spot. I'll let the game inspire my character. Perhaps I'll watch the movie soon too, to get into the spirits ^^

So yeah, I'll probably buy the game Very Happy

Edit: Fuck. Just read the change of classes. Dark Templar? Fuck that xD Guardian I guess then. Aslong as I can play the good guy.
Back to top Go down
Vallinen
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Vallinen

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 4:50 am

Yeah, Vom i wanna be a "good guy" this time aswell xD

Sooo tierd of being the badass evul guy.. xD
Back to top Go down
Vomyr
Sanity? Can you eat it?

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Hm, now that I read some about the merged classes, I think the whole Zealot/Dark Templar thing isn't so bad. But why oh why did they call it Dark Templar?
Oh well. It's about your character anyway. Hope I fight the stream of evul dudes. For the Light!
Back to top Go down
Vallinen
Sanity? Can you eat it?
Vallinen

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 8:20 am

Btw, i just checked if my comp could play it and well.. it could, not recomended but minimum... My operativ system (woot? xD) and my Video Card were a bit too low for the higher grapix, and yeah. About the Class, i think i'll still stick to my Conqerour... if i dont change my mind when i get ze game Razz

Pretty hyped about it atm cat (hairy arms dude says: Tooooshtyyyy!!!)
Back to top Go down
[EoS]Zetox
Insane
[EoS]Zetox

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:05 pm

I'll be a druid of the storm, I believe! (Stormcaller and druid merged, nowadays)
Back to top Go down
Asrahn
Insane
Asrahn

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:32 am

Conqueror is my game then. At least I´ll still be able to dual wield. :>

Looking forward to this game. Gotta build a new comp before it though :<
Back to top Go down
Janeva
The Fluff!
Janeva

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:01 pm

Ranger probebly, or Assasin.... Or a priest... Gah! to many to choose from!

Found a bit of intressting rp materials today btw. Its a bit old thou, but i hope it's still correct.

"There are over 2000 animations in the game, which is quite a lot, but Funcom, having experience with Anarchy Online, knows how much players love to goof off. The emotes will also be
able to be scripted into groupings, so players can custom create a series of
emotes to tell a story or create their own special form of dance. The drunk
animations are very well done, as they certainly wanted to show that off to us,
and this aspect of the game promises a pretty neat addition to the social
experience."

over 2000 animations of emotes! How awsome aint that?

And another thing. Depending on how many people there is in an area. The bigger the camps and stuff with the questmobs will be, so you don't have to wait with 100 other persons and wait for the right mob to spawn.

"The camp area will be as big as it needs to be to accommodate the number of
players in that area at that time. So, you won't be dealing with a situation
where you want to fight in this one specific area and complete those quests, but
100s of others do as well, and you all have to wait for the right spawns.
Instead, it will get bigger as more people come into the area, and then pare
back if there's only a few folks on. It takes the idea of instancing and puts it
into a common area, a great idea"

As i said, its a bit old. But it sounds awsome to me. So i hope they will keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
Janeva
The Fluff!
Janeva

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Age of Conan
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
End of Sanity :: In Game. :: Age of Conan-
Jump to: